Water as “energy for life” – interesting new science
There is emerging science and new information that water can improve our health at a cellular level by providing our cells with more energy and oxygen, thus improving our energy and circulation.
Our bodies are made up of 60% water – the brain and heart are composed of 73% water, the lungs 83%, skin 64%, muscles and kidneys 79% and surprisingly our bones 31% so it is easy to conclude from this that water is an essential nutrient without which we cannot function.
Water has many functions including, forming the basis of saliva, controlling body temperature through sweat, making up body fluids such as blood, carrying nutrients around the body and helping eliminate waste products and toxins through urine.
What is EZ Water?
New findings are showing that whilst we identify with these 3 phases of water:
- Phases 1: Solid Ice
- Phase 2: Liquid
- Phase 3: Vapour
There is actually a fourth phase – a new kind known as Structured or “EZ” water, according to Gerald Pollack, Professor of Biochemical Engineering at the University of Washington.
The mechanism for this fourth phase – this new science of water as energy for life occurs when water spreads out when it is next to our cell membranes creating potential energy, quite literally like a “battery of water”. So if 99% of all molecules in the human body are water molecules, then the importance of this fourth phase of water “EZ” water to power our cells and therefore influence our energy is crucial.
How to increase EZ Water
Whilst you may already be conscious of your water intake, made easier these days by water apps, funky water bottles on our desks, water bottles with times to drink etc, here are some ways to to increase EZ water in your body. Try to give them a go and see if your energy increases:
- Stay hydrated as water is the raw material for EZ water
- Drink coconut water – Pollack’s team found that this increased EZ water
- Get plenty of sunlight as this builds EZ
- Consume green vegetable juices (water in plants is EZ water)
- Grounding – connecting to the ground by going outside and placing your bare feet or hands on some grass or earth, or to immerse your body in conductive water such as the sea or a mineral-rich lake. For more information, visit https://www.groundology.co.uk/about-grounding
- Infrared sauna
Book a FREE discovery call
If you would like help with nutrition, why not book in for a free 15 minute no obligation discovery call using the form below: